Thursday, April 18, 2013

Grand Rapids is Flooding - 4/18/13

Yesterday I snagged photos of the flooded FISH LADDER and today I checked out
the Ford Museum, which has the Grand River rising before it.
As I headed downtown, the skies darkened and more rain threatened.
With just a light drizzle happening, I viewed the expanded Grand River as it stretched toward the Ford Museum. It quickly became dark enough for the lights, now standing in water, to come on. Instead of lighting the way for the RiverWalk, they now only shone their reflections on the water below.
The RiverWalk is under water on both sides of the river.
 
 
 It began to rain heavily,
 
 so I headed back to the car and cruised over to John Ball Park.
 
The geese were unfazed...

Who'll Stop the Rain - CCR


No comments:

Post a Comment