Thursday, April 26, 2018

John Ball Zoo ~ 4/26/18, and a 5/3/18 update!

5/3/18: What a difference a week can make! The first surprise was that this,
is now this.
Construction and landscaping work continues but the new path was opened all the way to the tigers (and Wyatt).
The African Savannah animals were back in their habitat; Warthogs, Hornbill, Mountain Bongo, and Egyptian Goose.
The waterfall was running again and the wallabies returned from their Oklahoma winter home.
Cheers to a new season at John Ball Zoo!


4/26/18: The zoo recently re-opened for the season and today was my first visit of 2018. It was crowded with young mothers and baby carriages but I persisted nonetheless.

After the white pelican, I next found the rule-breaking duck.
Other interesting birds were observed (Crested Screamers & Flamingos),
along with a few poisonous frogs.
An otter was active as was this flying fish :-)
And I found my first blooming magnolia.
The male African lion spotted me but was totally bored by the encounter.
Wyatt, the red panda, was taking it easy but did give us all a glance. His exhibit was crowded and you can see why.
Construction is still going on in the back portion of the zoo so some animals are not currently on exhibit.
I've pulled a few of my favorite photos from last fall to also include here. Some of the animals are not around today but others are still on view.
More from Wyatt:


It's finally spring in Grand Rapids!

No comments:

Post a Comment