Monday, December 14, 2009

Farmers' Market October 2009







Farmers’ Market - a beautiful display of robust, colorful produce; local farmers all hawking their wares. The abundance is over-whelming and the colors are a sensory overload. None of the goods are produced more than an hour’s drive away so everyone here is a neighbor. Some produce is organic, some is not, but it’s all fresh and that’s evident in the taste. Besides the fruits and vegetables, there are flowering plants, fresh-cut flowers, honey, meat, and cheese. I can’t buy from every vendor but I want to - just to reward them for being here and for providing fresh food for our community. The market is crowded with shoppers and everyone looks happy. I buy more than we can eat in a week; I’ll probably do that again next week. And I know I’m not the only one.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment